Free Shipping over £20 :) We currently have a 2-3 working day lead time for orders to be processed.
By: Holly Kragiopoulos 20 December 2019
Well folks, we have made it! We can’t believe it is that time of year again, where did the last 12 months go?!
We just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for supporting us this year, we know what an amazing thing it is that you choose to spend your hard earned pounds with us and we can’t express how appreciative we are.
For North Star, 2019 has been a pretty defining year for a whole load of reasons. After initially intending to have a year of internal organising and reflection, it has undoubtedly ended up being one of the most exciting years yet! What is just so amazing is that we wouldn’t have been able to do any of it without you guys. Quite literally because of your support, here are some of our highlights of 2019 that we hope you enjoy reading through knowing that you have contributed in some way to the growth and development of North Star:
– We have donated £514.00 to Gente del Futurowhich supports the children of the farmers we work with in Kenya and Tanzania with access to sensory and export jobs in the coffee supply chain.
– We have donated £1455.00 to International Service’s Firm Foundation initiative in rural Rwanda providing business coaching and skills training to enterprising women in rural communities.
– We have finalised a project plan to finance and construct a wet mill on the farm of Maria Zoila Pineda who is a large contributor to our El Salvador Chelazos coffee and currently has to outsource this part of the supply chain – this marks the start of the first North Star project that we have created and been involved in from the start.
– We upgraded our Roaster and roastery space by moving out of Leeds Dock (800sqf) and into our beautiful 4000sqf brick building in Armley and installing a 35kg Loring roaster which has not only improved the quality and efficiency of our coffee production, it has saved us around 92,000lb in emissions…..woahh!
– We have built the office/training space of dreams from used shipping containers which now house our amazing roastery team, we hope to be able to open up for visitors in 2020 and will be hosting home barista/brewing courses from this new site.
– We have upgraded our packaging so that we can finally be recyclable, this also meant a branding change bringing a whole new look to North Star – one that we feel has built upon our traditional designs but has been refreshed to bring us in to 2020 (also one that has saved us significant paper wastage too).
– We have gone from a team of 4 to 6! We have been so delighted to welcome Vicky and Marcus to our team who have been doing such a solid job in our packing and QC over the last few months. We can’t wait to see them develop with us and are excited for the positive things they will bring to North Star.
SENDING YOU ALL OUR LOVE AND BEST WISHES FOR A RESTFUL CHRISTMAS AND A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH GLORIOUS COFFEE 🙂